Top tips on how to keep your warehouse clean and safe
- Keep an updated cleaning schedule.
- Clear your bins regularly. Bins should never get to the point of overflowing.
- Have cleaning supplies available for your staff at all times.
- Give employees areas to keep clean.
- Clean as you go, ensure everyone tidies up after themselves. It is highly recommended that your staff clean litter such as metal shavings as they work maintaining the standard set by your firm and keeping the area hazard free.
- Recycle the rubbish that you can.
- Provide staff with the correct safety equipment.
- Barriers – there are a range of barriers you can get for your warehouse to ensure complete safety of your staff members and keep restricted access to vehicles such as forklifts. This not only keeps your warehouse cleaner, but also ensures organisation.
- Label shelving and floors to ensure your staff know where everything is located.