Suspended ceilings aren’t just for hotels, they can be equally beneficial in all sorts of buildings including homes and offices.
Suspended ceilings may seem like a recent innovation but they have actually been around for a very long time. There is evidence of their use in this country from the 16th century in fact.
The suspended ceilings we see today have come a long way since then and offer a variety of benefits depending on where they are installed.
One of the key attractions of suspended ceilings are the way they can enhance a building. Installing one will completely change the look of a room. Not only will a suspended ceiling make a feature of an existing ceiling but it is also makes it possible to install lighting in new and creative ways.
Another benefit is affordability. If you want to make a significant change to your rooms and ceiling heights allow for this, this can be an excellent and cost-effective way to make a space feel homelier and inviting.
Lastly, a suspended ceiling acts as great sound insulation from above. This is why you will often see them in office and apartment blocks where insulating against sound from above can be difficult and expensive.
Adding a suspended ceiling to your office space is a simple and cost-effective solution to a number of common workspace issues. Suspended ceilings can;
1. Reduce noise levels – installing a suspended ceiling in your office can facilitate office acoustics. They absorb sound levels so that surrounding rooms will not be affected as much by noise from individual offices.
2. Assist in humid rooms such as kitchens and toilets to avoid mould build-up
3. Help to meet Fire-safety standards. Suspended Ceilings provided by Millennium Si are fire-retardant and meet the required industry standards.
4. Reduce your Carbon Footprint – Suspended Ceilings can help to lower fuel bills by providing extra insulation and by also brightening up rooms so that less lighting is required.
5. Add style and texture to your workplace – Suspended Ceilings come in a variety of colours and finishes so they can really add to the design and look of your office space.
Of course this list is not exhaustive and suspended ceilings can provide a lot more advantages as an addition to your office. For a full consultation please call one of our offices. Millennium Si are based in Manchester but we have offices all over the country. Just choose the one most convenient to you and call the corresponding number below;
London – 0203 4780 993
Birmingham – 0121 450 9162
Manchester – 0161 300 6737
Glasgow – 0141 250 7354