The right racking system can have a significant impact on how efficiently your warehouse operates.
Your warehouse’s storage system is at the heart of its operation. Choosing a storage system that is ideal for your space, the items you are storing, and your picking process, will help your operation to run more efficiently and your team to be more productive.
Factors to consider when choosing warehouse racking
When deciding which type of racking is most suitable for your warehouse you should ask yourself the following questions:
- What type of items do I need to store?
- How much space do I have? (vertical as well as ground space)
- What is the maximum load weight the racking will be required to support?
- Is forklift access required?
- What are my warehouse layout and product flow requirements?
Popular types of warehouse racking
There are plenty of different racking and shelving options available to choose from, some of the commonest types include:
- Drive in/through racking – Maximises storage space in your warehouse by reducing the size of the forklift aisles. Choose from drive in racking with one point of access to each aisle, or drive through racking which has both an entrance and an exit, meaning the first load in is the first one out.
- Cantilever racking – Ideal for storing large and bulky items of varying shapes and sizes, particularly very long loads like beams and tubes. Cantilever racking is very strong and can be adapted to your requirements.
- Adjustable pallet racking – Pallet racking can be used to store a wide range of products of varying sizes and weights and are the ideal solution for picking. Pallets are lifted onto the racking by forklifts.
At Millennium Storage and Interiors, we stock a wide range of racking and shelving solutions for warehouses. If you require help choosing an option suitable for your requirements, get in touch with our team by calling 0942 603 344.